| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,110 Posts1,056,255 Members48,437 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jun 2014 Posts: 20 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Jun 2014 Posts: 20 | Thanks again Jerry. I measured the other 5 rods. Looks like none of them line up perfectly. They vary from 0,005 to .025 offset. Seems odd the position of the tang groove would vary that much from rod to rod. I had them reconditioned and balanced by the local machine shop. I'm not that concerned (they've made a lot of trips up and down without me worrying about it) but I may run them over to the machine shop for their opinion.
And yup, the hole in the bearing leads to a hole in the side of the rod. That would have really bugged me had you not been there to point that out. Thanks again. | | |
| |
| |