| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,090 Posts1,056,443 Members48,443 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Mar 2017 Posts: 88 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Mar 2017 Posts: 88 | Does anyone know where the axle list on this forum went? I seen it weeks ago and now I cant find it. I any still trying to connect my stock torque tube axle to my non torque tube tranny. The truck is a 54 Chevy 3100 and the engine and tranny came from a 57 3100. I have the rear tranny plate from a 3/4 ton truck that will I think fit the torque tube axle. If I had or could find the correct u joint I would be open to using the torque tube axle but they are impossible to find so it maybe time to look into a different axle. I would like to find an axle the same as stock width, and around a 3.55:1 gearing. I would also like to keep the 6 lug bolt circle and I will be putting some weight in this truck on occasion. For those reasons I don't think an S-10 axle will work. I am open to getting just a different third member and using my stock axle housing, and welding on the correct perches but I have no idea what would fit this axle. I heard at times you need different leaf springs that have a locating pin for the different axle. Will those differernt leafs fit the frame without modification?
Thanks for any suggestions | | |
| |
| |