Buy a piece of headliner and about 5 or six pieces of poster board (like the kids use in school). Using the poster board, cut smaller pieces to fit around the headliner area taping them to the cab bow and taping them together around the edges in toward the center until you have the headliner hole covered being careful to keep all edges exactly where they are supposed to be to fit the full spot perfectly. I didn't force the poster up into the "hole", I let it more or less hang in a natural smooth state. I found out this worked for me. I also found out the headliner cardboard will not flex into the complete hole, but go up in enough to give you a finished look. Push too hard and might collapse.
I approached it this way and my headliner looks good even though I had to use one long screw in the middle of the bow to hold it up - not tight, just up in a natural upward pull. Been in for a few years and looks good.
It just seems that the cardboard headliner will not pull up tight like a cloth headliner will, from what I learned.
It worked for me.
I hope this may help some of you.


"Truckin' Around .......... Since 1937!"
My name is Joe and I am addicted to Classic Country Music. I just can't hep myself.
Operators are standing by to take your calls!
Now cruising in the Passing Lane