I was a long-time fan of the AD series, just love the way they look, stock or custom. I wanted a 1951 model, because that's the same year I was built.

Found a one-owner, well cared for farm truck at a farm estate sale in OK, and brought it home to drive.

Didn't take long to figure out that in its stock setup, its uses were limited (i.e. 45 mph). So after driving it for about five years, this novice set out on the journey of a lifetime -- tearing my prized possession down to the frame and making it new again.

This was a learn as you go process, and I have to thank so many, but mainly a guy who became a friend and mentor, Deve, at devestechnet.com. Couldn't have done it without him.

I wanted to make it a truck I could use and drive. I make a 30-mile round trip commute to work in it at least a couple times a week, and never hesitate to run errands with it.

Almost all remains original, even the wood in the bed, but I upgraded the rear end to a 4.11:1, had a 1958 261 rebuilt, and tied that to a T5 transmission. Now I can roll at highway speeds without a worry.

And the best part .... my 2-yr-old granddaughter loves to sit in Papa's pickup and honk the horn!

Mike Fahrbach
Kansas
Attachments
Fahrbach51 1.png (357.25 KB, 6 downloads)
1951 3600
2.png (563.61 KB, 6 downloads)
3.png (437.12 KB, 6 downloads)
4.png (554.77 KB, 6 downloads)

Last edited by Peggy M; 10/26/2023 12:42 AM.