Martin, thanks for the comments.

Carl, to your questions:
1) Both sides have oil stains on the inside of the wheels, not heavy oil accumulation but enough to collect dust.
2) Both axle half-shaft "leak catchers" are dry, so wheel end oil seals are not suspected.
3) The oil within the brake drum seems to be lighter than axle lube

On the right side the rearmost end of the wheel cylinder shows debris/corrosion between the adjuster "drum" and the wheel cylinder casting. With the adjuster removed, the brake piston shows staining and some dirt accumulation (which I think indicate a leak). The piston also seems to "rock" in the bore, so radial clearance could be an issue (which would help explain the leak and reinforces my thoughts to not attempt a rebuild).

On the left side there are oil drips forming on the wheel cylinder. I didn't dig any deeper after that.

If I'm overlooking something or "over interpreting" what I've seen, I'm open to comments and advice.

Thanks in advance,

Bill


1947 3100 Advanced Design

Never, never, never, never give up. - Churchill