Message received, many thanks for that one. I never would have thought, that would starve the engine.

As luck would have it, I have not been able to run the engine as I need a temp sending unit. I spent half a day yesterday trying to find one. Problem is an original will not fit as there is a reducer already screwed in the head that doesn't want to budge and I do not want to risk breaking it off. I have two other 235's for parts and they both have the same reducer screwed in but they do not have the sending units. I tried Napa, Advanced Auto, O'Reilly's and Auto Zone with no luck. So far searching online has not been helpful either. I did locate a 16MM sending unit that I can possibly make work by re-tapping the reducer. It almost want to go in as is, but I can feel that the threads are not right.

If any of you guys are in KC for the re-union in a couple weeks, I would like to buy you a cold beverage or two.

Thanks again

John


~ J Lucas
2006 GMC Envoy 4.2 I6
2023 Ram 2500/Cumins 6.7 I6
2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee (Wife’s)
2002 Silverado 2500 Gas 6.0
1941 Chevy 1/2-Ton
1942 Chevy 1.5-Ton SWB
In the Gallery
My Flicker Photos!