I would be worried about warping the ring spacer if I welded it. It seems that these spacers never fit tightly on these truck spindles... mine were loose as well.

I used the following method (the kit said to use regular loctite if I wanted to, but I thought that the "sleeve retainer" product would be better as it is typically used to hold rear axle bearing races in place and fill gaps around the bearing race.

I applied an anaerobic prep spray, then sleeve retainer (Permatex or Loctite) to lock the adapter in place. Be careful, as after the anaerobic spray is applied, the retainer fluid hardens very quickly. So I applied the fluid to the axle only, right where the spacer was going to seat, and I pushed the spacer on and spun it around as I pushed it against the rear of the axle stub to get the fluid running all the way around the ID of the spacer. It cured almost immediately. It filled the gap and held it in place really well. So far, no problems, but I haven't driven it much more than around the block.

I'm interested to hear how others dealt with this issue.


Last edited by Norcal Dave; 08/21/2017 4:03 PM.

~ Dave
1950 Chevrolet 3600 3/4-ton with 261 engine & T5 Transmission