The problem will be that the Ford calibration YF will be totally wrong for the 235. I believe they run extremely rich, and there's no practical way to correct the problem by rejetting. Jon (Carb King) should be around shortly to give you some more specifics, but you're not the first stovebolter to attempt the Ford/Chevy carb swap and I don't think I've ever heard of it being done successfully. A properly calibrated YF is a far better choice than any Rochester, but the Ford carb isn't the way to go about it.
Jerry


"It is better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak and eliminate all doubt!" - Abraham Lincoln
Cringe and wail in fear, Eloi- - - - -we Morlocks are on the hunt!
There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. - Ernest Hemingway
Love your enemies and drive 'em nuts!