HOTRDD, This is a very very good place for help in the pursue of the restoration of your GM truck, But it may not be the very best place to get all the help you want on customizing a truck to the extent you are going. My past experience has told me that Stovebolt guys, for the most part are for restoration & moderate upgrading of GM trucks to survive on to-days roads in to-days fast pace traffic. A great place to find sheet metal you may need for your build, & I'm sure you will get good ideas here. But you are going way beyond the boundaries of restoration. You may want to add to your list of resources, the jalopyjournal forum, The kustomizers you will find there will blow your mind. Especially the COE truck builders.
I am building a 1939 Chevy COE, ground up, all Kustom except my cab will stay all original, "on the outside only". Stovebolt & the journal are the only two places I go for help & inspiration on my build, as slow as it is going...
GOOD LUCK & Happy Building



Darrell, W.L.
1939 Chevy COE tow truck/My Stubbed toe
1939 Chevy 2 door Sedan

Car chat means talks about Chevy's. All other car makers only build transportation.
I don't work on my cars, I entertain my self in my garage, so my nabor tells me.