1941 3/4-ton ProjectThe goal was RMS (Run Move Stop) on it’s own by the end of June.
Thanks to John and Peggy for starting this wonderful site and to all the administrative staff and Moderators for making this a beautiful place. I don’t post much, but I’m always on the site absorbing information that enables me to work on my truck. Short version Started working to get my 1941 back on the road a couple years ago. I got inspired when I attended Homecoming in April, and decided to make more of an effort. I set a goal and made a plan. The goal was RMS (Run Move Stop) on it’s own by the end of June.
The 41 had the engine (350) and transmission (700r4) sitting in it, but nothing connected, and I did have a one -piece driveshaft made. That was my starting point-at that time. Ahead of me was body work, electrical, transmission shifter, brakes, exhaust, etc.---all of the “while you’re at it’s” that usually involve more time than you ever plan on.
Well, since this is the short version, I didn’t make it by the end of June. But I did make it by July 25th! Now I’m going to step back and take a break. (See if my wife still loves me??)
The next goal will be to make it road worthy. Plans are for an 8’ bed (needs work, of course); I have one from an 65 Jeep (J20) that is the same style as the Art Deco. Also thinking about duallys. I have the wheels just need to work out the differential, brakes, etc.
But it’s nice to know I can go out there, hook up the battery and move it around to whenever I need to.
Thanks to everyone on this site who are so generous with your time and wealth of information. I couldn’t have done it without you!
Here are some pics with a vid at the end.