| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
7 members (MickeyP, jmoore, GMCJammer51, TPR57C, Eisenholtz, 55shaker, 1 invisible),
107
guests, and
1
robot. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,115 Posts1,056,627 Members48,450 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jul 2010 Posts: 592 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jul 2010 Posts: 592 | My situation might be unique because of where I live and drive in the Arizona desert. I drive my truck regularly in parts of the desert where temps can reach 125 degrees. I use a 160 degree thermostat and my preference is the Duralast 15356 available through Autozone because it has a jiggle pin. The jiggle pin allows for air to bleed out of the system but functions as a check valve that will not allow coolant to pass when the thermostat is closed. Bought four of them last week for $23 with a text coupon available in the store that gave me $7.50 off a $30.00 purchase, basically buy three, get one free.
Old school terms for 160 degree thermostats are 'desert thermostats' or 'summer thermostats'. I run mine year round because we don't experience very cold weather where I live. In climates with hot summers and cold winters, prevailing logic was to run a 160 thermostat in the summer and a 180 in the winter.
Matt | | |
| |
| |