What temp thermostat is everyone having the best luck with? Here is a bit of background to my asking this, I have returned all my gauges to original including the temp gauge. Installed temp sender from reliable source stating it is the original replacement In their catalog. My temp gauge was just about pegged, confirmed the hot temp with a laser heat gun. This vehicle sat with water in it for years, I have had the head boiled out and redone as the head gasket passages had been plugged with rust. Freeze plugs removed and block cleaned out, water pump rebuilt, fresh re core of the original radiator and heater core, all new hoses. I was told by the radiator shop to run a 180 tstat, temp gauge is much better but still shows a bit on the hot side, wondering what temp was the original? FYI, I'm mixed 50/50 with distilled and using quality AC Delco tstat. Thoughts?


1959 3204 Basic Cab