Hi folks,
I've been away for a few years. I sold my 62 stepside shortbed and moved onto another project I've been working on for over 10 years. This is a long story, so I'll clip it for this post. If you all are interested, maybe I can fill in the details later.
After the 62 I went in search of a 63 stepside longbed, not just any 63 stepside longbed, but one in particular. I even got two classic vehicle places involved in trying to help me find THE truck. Again, long story short, I found if a couple years ago, but at that time the owner was not interested in selling it. That all changed last week when I got an email saying the owner is interested in selling me the truck.
As I said, its a 1963 Chevy longbed, stepside that was used in a movie. It is one of three, but the first one. The movie history of the truck I call an intangible asset. I have no idea how to put a price on that, but will work with the owner. What I'm hoping you can help with is the tangible asset, the truck it self. So, here is what I know about it...
1963 Chevy C10 longbed stepside
Before it's movie career, it was converted to a small block and has a three speed automatic in it with the shifter on the floor. I do not know exactly what engine. but likely a 350.
The truck was supposedly in good condition body wise, but it was repainted for the movie to age it.
The truck was in running condition when it was parked in a climate controlled garage in 2010. It has not run since. It was parked with a half tank of ethanol gasoline in it.
I figure all the rubber probably needs to be replaced (tires, hoses, belts, possibly brake lines) The tank will have to be flushed as well as the carb probably rebuilt.
I think the owner is assuming the high side value of the truck, but I think it is much less. This is where I hope you guys can give me some guidance.
Hagerty shows a value of $8000 - $10000, but I think after sitting is should be below the $8000 mark. I used my 1962 as reference, I paid $4700 for it, but had to replace the transmission and it was also original.
So, what do you all think this is worth (ball park)?
I've found a couple of places that will inspect the truck, but it can't be taken on a road test. The places want around $400 and I got to thinking, because of it's movie history I want this truck. It's not like I can move onto another. What is reasonable for the physical truck and if you have any thoughts, the movie history value?
Thanks tons! Looks like I will be back on here as a regular again real soon. So excited I found THIS truck!!!!