| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
8 members (tclederman, Hambone, sron48, Gdads51, cmayna, dt235sd, papas52, Bruce 1954-4100),
140
guests, and
1
robot. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,111 Posts1,056,258 Members48,437 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jan 2017 Posts: 124 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jan 2017 Posts: 124 | I have to agree with Burb lover. I've always gone by the credo of use the "right tool for the job". After working as a mechanic of one sort or another for 50+ years I've collected duplicates of a lot of tools so have no problem having the same sizes in multiple places at once. The only cross over size I'm comfortable using is 3/4 and 19mm, I even have some impact sockets that are labeled 3/4-19mm. The only other time I have used meteric on sae or visa/versa is when the proper size doesn't fit because a fastener is a little under size due rust. I can't tell you how many times over the years I've had to "fix" something someone else has screwed up by using the wrong tool, both customers and coworkers. I have to admit I've wanted to smack some on the back of the head for doing stupid stuff but most of the time was able to turn it into a teaching experience. Anyway as already mentioned there are a lot of inexpensive wrench and socket sets out there today that admittedly are not bad quality so there is really no need to take the chance of rounding off a fastener using the wrong type.
38 Chevy 1/2 ton being resto-moded 65 AC Cobra replica USAF vet
| | |
| |
| |