Originally Posted by Allen Lane
Some of you guys already figured it out. I just found it however. Link below. For those tool sets with both Metric sockets/wrenches the size is close enough to use the metric tools in some cases on our old trucks. For example 13MM and 1/2", 14MM and 9/16. Not all exact, per link, but came in handy when I was working on both sides of the truck and didn't have to carry tools back and forth. I just printed it and taped in to top of tool box. I used it the most on the 6 pt sockets.

http://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/wrenches-inches-metric-us-conversion-comparison-d_1607.html

Sorry for not replying before, but I just noticed your post.
I'm afraid you've been misinformed.
If you want to use SAE wrenches on metric nuts and bolts, or vice-versa, your best bet is to go to 64ths - expensive idea, unfortunately.

You probably know that Canada is supposedly "all metric"; and I've tried using SAE sockets and wrenches to "convert" between the two when using 16ths and it just doesn't work well.

The wrench/socket is either "sloppy" or just too tight to go on. If its "sloppy" you stand a good chance of "rounding" the fastener; or you'll get frustrated and want to "pound on" with a hammer one that is slightly too small.

Been there, done all that.

I'll never try and tell you what to do, and I'm not tryin to be a smart@$$, but if you're dealing with metric shxxxxx, your best bet is to get metric wrenches/sockets and avoid all the frustrations that I went through several times.

The metric tools are way cheaper than buying stuff in 64th increments.

Hope this helps.