I thought that I'd pass along some info that I learned from my local NAPA yesterday.

It has been mentioned previously on this forum that single outlet water pumps for the later 235's and 261's are getting hard to find. The ones with the dual outlets are easy to find.

I had ordered a remanufactured single outlet water pump from NAPA (#58128). I received a dual outlet pump in a mislabeled box. When NAPA tried to correct the problem, here is what I was told--

A-1 Cardone is the company that makes or refurbs the water pumps for these engines for everyone no matter what brand the pump is labeled as. They are no longer refurbing the single outlet pumps and the NAPA network is completely out of stock. Doing some internet research checking other suppliers, the entire pipeline appears to be empty of single outlet pumps.

A-1 Cardone is also discontinuing refurbing the dual outlet pumps (#58161). For anyone interested in one of these, RockAuto has them on clearance for about $16.

That's the bad news. The good news is that A-1 Cardone is manufacturing new, dual outlet pumps (#5511132). They are not producing, nor do they have plans to produce, a single outlet pump.

Hotrod Lincoln has mentioned in past posts on this subject that the problem is the lack of good cores as the good ones got used up over the years. Sounds like that might be what has happened, but it's great that they have tooled up to make new ones.

If you want a single outlet pump, it might be a tough search.

Posting as an FYI. Passing along info that was shared with me, not sure if it is 100% accurate.

Matt