| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,098 Posts1,056,167 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jun 2004 Posts: 37 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jun 2004 Posts: 37 | Don't know where this post fits best so I'll try here.
I am restoring a 1949 Suburban I bought from the original owner. It has every original window with correct matching LOF etching on them. No cracks but some yellowing and bubbles on edges of rears, nothing to speak of. I'd love to put them back in when it comes time but my body man says it isn't worth it. He feels glass that old is brittle and is dangerous. I know I can order new glass with the proper etching but I am sort of a purist.
What is the general opinion?
My rule of life: You can have anything you want; you just can't have everything you want.
| | |
| |
| |