I'm working on my 41 3/4 ton with the objective of getting it running and stopping on it's own....before the end of June.
Put a 350/700r4 and went to a one-piece driveshaft. I know the 350 is good and I had the 700r4 rebuilt. Now I'm on the the brakes.

The front axle and rear were changed out by PO to 55-59. With the help of 3B, the rear axle was determined to be HO52. I went looking for 12" brakes for it and found them difficult to come by...as well as other parts. So, after researching, determined it would be better to go with a 14 bolt, as recommended by Grigg and others.

So, I would appreciated some help from you guys to search for the 14 bolt I need.

I understand I need one from a C&C because the wms-wms width is 63.5". I read there was a difference between the 72-88 and 89+ yrs., but don't know what.

What years C&C will work? Are they in the P20's and P30's?
I understand I will need to relocate the spring perches.
I put a drum/drum power brake system on with 1-1/4 bore master cylinder. Will that be OK with the 14 bolt rear?
Will I need to change the U joints or will they match up from the HO52?

Anything else I need to be aware of???

As always, thanks for your help.


~ Victor
1941 3/4-Ton Pickup (in process). Read about it in the DITY Gallery
1955 Grumman Kurbside "Doughboy" 235/3 on tree w/ OD
1957 3100 - moved on
1959 C4500 Short Bus "Magic Bus" - moved on
1959 G3800 1 Ton Dually "Chief" - moved on
1958 C4400 Viking "Thor" ~ moved on to fellow Bolter