Hello everyone,
First of all I just wanna thank all people who work on this forum. Stovebolt is one of the best I've ever seen. I've been lurking arround for a while now and I really enjoy reading all stories...so I'd sign up.
My name is Charly. I'm 35 and I live in a small village in the center of France. My dad used to be a big fan of classic cars and own several models(particularly Volvo). By my side when I was a child, I always loved and had a picture of a car in my mind without knowing which brand and which model it was. Also always promised me than one day I'll own one. Spent many time on internet finding this misterious car....Definetely, it would be a CHEVY 3100 TRUCK!.
I've started searching for French, then European adds....but found nothing convincing. Moreover I was looking for an original Truck and those I found were most of the time badly modified. So I decided looking in its original country, USA. After moths and moths of research, finally found my Beauty.
A 1953 3100, unmolested, with only 43,000 original miles. Bought it from its firts owner in Oakland CA, a man of 91years old who can't drive it anymore but still love his Truck. The pick up was in amazing condition. Never rebuilt engine, No rust. Drive perfectly. Always well maintained. Came with many invoices back the 50's, including original sale receipt. Also it was well optioned : side spare wheel, heater, 4speed gearbox...
I decided making only minor modification to the truck, kepping it the most original than I can. Only Have it resprayed in its original ocean green color, changed the bed wood and fit a personalised seat upholstery because original one was a little dried by the sun. Apart from that all the Truck is stock. I cleaned E_V_E_R_Y bolts and nuts, painted E_V_E_R_Y frame parts....during loooong weeks of labour. Found some nices NOS parts too like visor, Spotlight, Butterfly steering wheel...
Now my Little Chevy is exactly as I've expected. I love the way it is. Love its story. I'm always in touch with the previous owner who became a friend of mine. I'm really addicted to this Pick Up. I always find Advance design Trucks were one of the most representative car of American industry.
Really happy to share and join you group.
Look forward to discussing with all of you !
Here's a link to some pictures hope would be ok.
Best Regards from France
Charly
http://s1370.photobucket.com/user/charly43000/slideshow/1953%20Chevrolet%203100%20Preview?sort=3