| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
9 members (JW51, Gdads51, Otto Skorzeny, UtahYork, Rusty Rod, Ponchogl, Lonnie, Southerntruck, Cosmo),
282
guests, and
4
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,089 Posts1,056,129 Members48,435 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Oct 2015 Posts: 406 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Oct 2015 Posts: 406 | Hi all , I have a 1962 c 30 with a 235 cu in. Early last season I removed the head to address some valve issues and also had the head an (848) planed about 5 thou. I managed to put on about 3500 miles in the next few months but at about 2500 miles I noticed some slime in the oil .As the rad was leaking a bit I wasn't sure where it came from.I removed the rad for repairs then capped the inlets into the water pump, then filled the block up to the thermostat and let it sit for a couple of weeks. When I next looked at it the coolant level had dropped and the oil level had rose . I suspected the head gasket , a composite one and replaced it with a copper and copper gasket sealer and installed it again with the same results , leaking into the oil pan . I had the head magnufluxed when the valves were done and it was reported to be fine .when I removed it this time I could find no obvious sings on the gasket or head or block of leakage.
I was wondering if there's something else I should check before replacing the head.
thanks John
good planning is no substitute for dumb luck
| | |
| |
| |