Bill, I'm depending on you to tell me if it's been altered! This Canadian made GMC is a bit different. This panel truck is a monster, the body stretches 10 feet aft of the drivers seat. That is the same cab that is on the American made 1.5 ton panels. From information I've found, this model, the T15, was only offered as a 3/4 ton or a 1 ton in Canada for the 37 model year.. The motor is a 224.1 cubic inch 86 b.h.p unit that we think is the original motor. It does have 16 inch wheels
16 inch wheels and I'd like to hear opinions on the originality of the wheels. At a minimum the wheels are the same color as the body, for what that is worth. If anyone has any thoughts, please let me know. Also,to answer the 3/4 ton question, what does this plate tell us?
6000 pound MVGW On a different topic, I'm halfway to Great Falls in my journey to pick this beast up. I brought all the nuts and bolts to install the fenders, doors and running boards. The cab has no dash and the steering column is not supported. Sooo, I boxed up a replacement dash and a ubolt to secure that for the ride. The parking brake isn't hooked up so I have some cable and cable clamps in my bag to remedy that. Airport security had to go through my carry on since I have at least 200 nuts, bolts and washers on me.
I'll post some pictures in a couple of days and I hope the fenders, doors and running boards.
Wish me luck!