| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
8 members (cmayna, baldeagle, Bill Hanlon, Leo, Hotrod Lincoln, Mike in Sycamore, Gdads51, 1955 1 Series),
120
guests, and
1
robot. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,113 Posts1,056,280 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Nov 2015 Posts: 84 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2015 Posts: 84 | Lots of good opinions here. My 216 is running good and strong for what it is. I tend to keep it under 3000 rpm for the most part. Usually about 55 mph up to about 65 max. At 65 tack reads about 2800 roughly. old school split manifold dual straight piped. Not too loud till about 55 mph at which point I believe I should be wearing ear plugs lol. This usually keeps me under about 55. Not much traffic around here so it's not a big deal. So I may keep looking for the right engine for a direct fit for when the 216 gives up. Any opinions on a 261 ? | | |
| |
| |