Hello all, just finished installing my rebuilt SM420 using Novak kit.
Everything went well, but I have a few issues
Before connecting the driveshaft, I have her a start to make sure everything was smooth. In neutral, I see the u-joint connector on the back of the tranny spinning a little. Clutch feels great, smooth shift all gears
But when I put in reverse, the u-joint connector rotates the same direction as 1st and 2nd
Also, when I did connect the u-joint, and in neutral, it act like it's in gear and I cannot push the truck
I did install new shift bushing and I think I read that the problem may be in the tranny cover with the rods not being aligned. I plan to call Novak tomorrow, but if anyone has advice before that it's much appreciated


1949 Chevrolet 3100 Suburban Carryall
"Bad Guy"
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix in Photobucket

1950 Chevrolet 3100 3-Window
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Photobucket

1966 GMC Suburban Carryall Custom
"Big Guy"
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Photobucket