| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,095 Posts1,056,490 Members48,444 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Mar 2002 Posts: 9,115 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2002 Posts: 9,115 | I recently had my 1940 216 block bored .040". I had previously purchased a set of expansion (frost) plugs in a kit. They all were a correct fit until I reached the camshaft plug. As it turns out my kit was for a 235. Looking in the GM parts book, I see that the 216 has a 2" plug listed and the 235 a 2 1/8" plug listed. Now the hole in my 216 block measured 1 31/32". The plug is the shallow lip type. There is no way that a 2" plug would fit in there. However a 1 31/32" plug fit in nice and snug. Looking at the kit I see that the plug for the 235 is labeled 1 7/64". I am wondering if the GM listing is some kind of nominal dimension. | | | |
Entire Thread
|
216 Camshaft Expansion Plug
| truckernix | 04/06/2017 4:50 PM | |
| |
| |