I joined the group yesterday and have posted in the Introduction Forum this morning.
My aunt gave me a 1940 REA Express truck. It is very rough. I plan to pull it from her house to my barn hopefully in the next couple of weeks. My tractor didn't have the "umph" to drag it out. It looks like the wheels are free so that is good. Anyway, I have already learned quite a bit on this site. I wont be attempting to air up any tires. All of it's rusty glory is there except for the transmission which I believe is a four speed. It may not be worth fooling with but I can see once I get it on a concrete floor and clean it out.
Here is what I have from the VIN
2 = Tarrytown, NY
WB = 1940 158-1/2 Utility- 1-1/2 Ton Truck- Single or Dual Wheels (Short School Bus)
03=March
Still grabbing those numbers. Not all are legible.
Hopefully can have it under a roof in a couple of weeks.
Thanks
Harmon
Last edited by Harmon Hodge; 03/10/2017 2:30 PM.