I want to put a hitch on my 57 1/2 ton, so I can pull a little camper to Homecoming. For those of you already concerned about the towing capacities/weight, fear not. The tent trailer weights a least 700#.
So I did some research, and found someone on another site put a Drawtite hitch on his 57. He said it was for 97-05 Chevy Venture minivan. It bolted right up and the 2" receiver came out about 1/4" below the bottom of the bumper.
Some cross-referencing for other brands:
UHaul #75133
Reese #33094 44574
Hidden Hitch #87410
Curt #13344
Before ordering, I was just wondering if any of you guys had experience with this.
I know what some of you guys are thinking...it's just square tubing and metal plates, and I should just make one myself. But, I'm still learning to weld and I don't trust myself for something like this.
As always thanks for your advise.
Last edited by VEW; 03/01/2017 9:23 PM.
~ Victor
1941 3/4-Ton Pickup (in process). Read about it
in the DITY Gallery1955 Grumman Kurbside "Doughboy" 235/3 on tree w/ OD
1957 3100 - moved on
1959 C4500 Short Bus "Magic Bus" - moved on
1959 G3800 1 Ton Dually "Chief" - moved on
1958 C4400 Viking "Thor" ~
moved on to fellow Bolter