Originally Posted by FootStomper
My day job is concrete floor coatings.

Your concrete is green. This combined with how they sealed and trowelled it will dictate proper prep to ensure adhesion of "any" coating.

Polyeurea and epoxy are tough as hell and urethane are good too.

They can all be made in any color.

I can't stress enough the importance of getting a local concrete floor coating company to help you because of green concrete. 20 year old concrete is easy as can be but not green.

Not trying to be rude but... planning a floor coating comes at the same time as planning the concrete pour. They have sealers that are for green concrete that you can paint immediately or later making prep super easy.

I hope I am proceeding in the right direction. I just purchased 3 gallons of the two part Quikcrete epoxy concrete coating. The garage floor has a smooth finish. I was planning to wait a full 28 days or longer before applying the epoxy. I am fairly certain that I will need to use muriatic acid to etch the concrete before I apply the epoxy coating. What are your thoughts?



Last edited by Lugnutz; 02/24/2017 2:16 PM.