| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,099 Posts1,056,499 Members48,444 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Sep 2011 Posts: 2,951 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Sep 2011 Posts: 2,951 | Fellow Bolters, I received lots of good advice in the earlier thread. Garage - What should I build? .
Now you can follow along with the progress as the shop becomes a reality. LINK HERE - BUILDING A SHOP
Zoning in my residential area limits me to 600SF. So the shop will be 24' wide and 25' long and 12' at the eaves. The roof will have a 12/3 pitch. Smooth concrete floor and broom finish skirt.
I decided to have a tubular steel building erected. Lot's of companies sell the same building and to my surprise the quotes from each one were the same EXACT dollar amount. A crew will arrive and erect the building once the concrete has cured for 28 days.
I still need advice on lighting choices. I hope LED is affordable.
Insulation will probably be R-tech foam board (R = 7.7) for the walls and spray foam for the ceiling. Keep the ideas coming! This is exciting.
Last edited by Lugnutz; 02/05/2017 3:56 PM.
| | |
| |
| |