What are your plans for the engine? Just to see if it will run, then pull it all down, or see if you can use it?

Assuming the latter, I would make sure the inside is cleaned out and put some fresh oil in the pan, run the oil pump to make sure the bearings have some oil, and then put a little down each cylinder. Then turn it over by hand carefully a few revolutions to see if it has any stiff spots before I turned it over with the starter and did a compression check.

If you can, after all that, I'd probably start it and run it at a fast idle for an hour or so and do another comp test to see if it loosened anything up.


Mike
1955 Chevy 6400 ex-flatbed (no bed now!) sold September 2023
In the Stovebolt Gallery
1958 Chevy 6400 flatbed W/dump
In the Stovebolt Gallery
1959 Chevy Suburban Owned for almost 20 years, Daily Driver -- sold May 2016
In the Stovebolt Gallery

Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof