Originally Posted by Tony D El
I didn't realize for years that Commander Cody's version https was a cover.

Charlie Ryan recorded the original, and he actually had the car built- - - -a Model A coupe with a V-12 Lincoln Zephyr engine.






The song was an answer to "Hot Rod Race" by Arkie Shibley: "Me and that Mercury stayed side by side- - - - -"

https://video.search.yahoo.com/sear...5fcd1bcc14ef7c6d1924278&action=click

My handle is also my favorite karaoke song after I've had a drink or three- - - -otherwise I can't carry a tune in a bucket!
Jerry


"It is better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak and eliminate all doubt!" - Abraham Lincoln
Cringe and wail in fear, Eloi- - - - -we Morlocks are on the hunt!
There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. - Ernest Hemingway
Love your enemies and drive 'em nuts!