| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
3 members (Opelika Tom, 2 invisible),
95
guests, and
0
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,134 Posts1,056,402 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jan 2016 Posts: 246 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jan 2016 Posts: 246 | Unbelievable....just got a complete NOS synchro assembly ...I removed the two end syncro`s by removing the snap rings without any issues....then replaced them back into the drum assembly making sure that the syncro`s turn nicely after I installed the snap rings again and left them overnight soaking into a container of 90 weight mineral oil for transmissions. Today I went to continue assembling the tranny and find that the syncro`s will not turn even tho I can turn the snap rings. They are frozen. ...Could the bronze liner that the syncro`s sit in have swelled causing this problem ???
1953 chevy 1/2 ton with 3 speed 318 on floor and 1955 235 engine
| | |
| |
| |