Also, when bleeding the brakes, I believe you need to loosen the brakes all the way on the rear so it forces any air bubbles out. (best to read through the shop manual).

I made a power bleeder from a cheap 1 gallon sprayer I bought from Lowes. It pumps up t0 40 PSI and worked great! There are 2 bleeder screws on your hydrovac unit, need to bleed those in the proper order, before any of the wheel cylinders (see link below). http://chevy.oldcarmanualproject.com/shop/1955truck2/55ctsm0528.htm

I believe 3B is correct on the wheel bleeding sequence. The main thing to remember is bleed the longest line first, working to the shortest one last. The 55 manual has a different sequence than the 58 manual but, the hydrovac is on the opposite side so, that makes sense.



Mike
1955 Chevy 6400 ex-flatbed (no bed now!) sold September 2023
In the Stovebolt Gallery
1958 Chevy 6400 flatbed W/dump
In the Stovebolt Gallery
1959 Chevy Suburban Owned for almost 20 years, Daily Driver -- sold May 2016
In the Stovebolt Gallery

Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof