zoegrant,
I was just responding to information you provided. mechanic58 posted a photo of a transmission that was used on a vehicle with an open driveline.
Your response was "yes..your picture looks exactly like what I have." Then you state later that you have a torque tube.
Perhaps someone can identify your transmission from the numbers, I don't know.
However, If you have an original truck with a torque tube and a 3 speed transmission, it uses the same unit from 1948 through 54.
The transmission mechanic58 posted is not correct for your truck.
The standard 3 speed (open driveshaft) transmission used from 55 through 67 is an SM318. I have seen the previous version (48-54) referred to on this site as an SM318 also.
I cannot confirm or deny that this is correct for your series.
One thing is for certain they do not interchange. The case is different and the internal components are different also.
Fred


Last edited by rfs56trk; 01/08/2017 1:30 AM.

1956 3100 Pickup/Red/350/3sp OD/PS/Disc Brakes
1957 Bel Air Sport Coupe/Red/355/TH350/PS/Disc Brakes
2017 Silverado LT Single Cab SB/Black/5.3/6 Speed Trans
1947 Willys CJ2A w/F-Head engine