Originally Posted by Chilidogg
Thanks for taking the time to respond. Re-installing the old ignition is doable. However The issue was the same ( a little worse in fact) before I installed the electronic ignition. Not being the sharpest tool in the shed I put in the new ignition system in hopes of remedying the issue.
Logically then, the problem isn't the distributor or anything related to the distributor (like the vacuum advance.) There must be another cause. I would look at the fuel/air system. With the engine idling, spray carb cleaner on every vacuum hose. If the engine races, replace that hose.

If you don't find a vacuum leak, look at the carb. Carbs have four circuits; idle, main, accelerator and power enrichment. From your description, the idle and power circuits seem to be fine, but there's a possibility that the main metering jets or the acceleration system might be the problem.


Paul Schmehl CI 6
geek@stovebolt.com
Stovebolt Staff: Geek