| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,130 Posts1,056,713 Members48,454 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Dec 2016 Posts: 12 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Dec 2016 Posts: 12 | First time poster here. I recently purchased a 61 Apache and have learned that the threads that hold the steering wheel in place are stripped. Others have suggested replacing the shaft versus trying to have it repaired. I'm still searching for a replacement shaft, but I'm not having much luck. Borgeson has some that fit 55-57 cars and I'm wondering if they are interchangeable? I disassembled my upper shaft from the intermediate shaft. Is the "knuckle" on the lower end of the steering shaft that fits in the coupler of the intermediate shaft removable? I'll try and post a pic - thanks. | | |
| |
| |