I have no gripes with "properly engineered" ride height alterations, especially if somebody really likes goofy-looking vehicles that almost drag the ground. Unfortunately, those vehicles are about as scarce as honest politicians. Lowriders have never impressed me, even back in the 1950's when they first became popular. I've built a bunch of frame-draggers myself, but they were on asphalt round tracks and only had to do two things- - - -"Go fast- - - -Turn left!" Also, everybody who shared the track with my cars undertook the risks willingly. I don't think the soccer mom with a minivan full of kids wants to be the target of the average lowered vehicle that will barely maintain a straight line of travel on a smooth, straight road, and needs all the pavement and both shoulders to make it around an unexpected sharp turn because the handling sucks like a Dyson vacuum cleaner!
Jerry