I am planning to add power steering in my 46 1/2 ton with 56 235. I currently have the Old Air Hurricane Heat, AC, Defrost system. The AC compressor sits where the generator was. I use the Patrick's system to place the alternator above the AC.
I am planning to remove the straight axle and put the Jaguar XJ6 IFS underneath. The IFS from 79-86 unbolts and drops out of the car as a complete cradle. (google "Jag IFS Swap")
My next step is to make power steering brackets that will bolt on to the unused ears on the AC compressor. The alternator will need to rotate higher and then the pump will be in a position that the belt will triangle with the alternator. Clear as mud? I mocked this up and made templates from plywood and will soon be cutting steel brackets.
Stand by and over the winter and we will see if this works.
1946 Chevy Half Ton ('56 235, '86 T5, '79 Camaro Z28 rear end, working on the '85 Jaguar XJ6 IFS)
1976 Margay Panther X, MC91B