tclederman,
I'm not worried about lifting. I used a 6 ton overhead crane with 40+' of ceiling. Put a wide web sling through the rear windows and one through the doors. I had a little trim disortion on the passenger door because the sterring box hung up on the engine, but other than that things went real smooth. I am a little worried because when I left last night, I had a heavy steel tube saw horse under the front mount area and one under the rear. Hopefully, the body hasn't snapped in half. I'm sure if it had, someone from the day shift would have called me.
I'm thinking that I'll go to the hardware store and pickup some 4 x 6's for cross members and some 4 x 4's for stringers / rails, front to rear. Sound like it will be strong enough?? I also had the same idea of lagging the pieces together and lagging the body to the dolly. I'll probably put some large wheel casters at 1/4 and 3/4 so I can roll this on and off of my trailer. ( I really need to put an electric winch on that thing!)
Looking down the body, it almost looks like the mounts are on the same plane?? That's with the old mount pads / blocks in place. Any other issues I haven't thought of? I think 2 x 4's might be a bit flimsy for this job, especially since it will be getting rolled around a bunch.