| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,089 Posts1,056,139 Members48,435 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Feb 2014 Posts: 319 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Feb 2014 Posts: 319 | My '59 gas gauge reads Full all the time if the key is on. (Goes to E with the key off.) I tried disconnecting the wire at the top of the sending unit and it still reads full. I checked the connection under the cab (where it enters the harness with other wires) and that connection is good.
So...bad sending unit? It worked until recently, but it could have failed. Just don't want to spend money on another if there's something else I should check. That it reads Full with the wire disconnected makes me think it's electrical, but I don't understand how the thing works.
A VW guy trying his hand at a '59 LB fs. Lots to learn, but it's about the journey.
| | |
| |
| |