| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
8 members (ESum, Steelonsteel, TUTS 59, bobwithm, Maybellene, Ponchogl, Bill Hanlon, Gdads51),
96
guests, and
3
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,088 Posts1,056,124 Members48,435 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: May 2008 Posts: 88 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: May 2008 Posts: 88 | I got a 59 3800 ton with a ten bolt rear (counted off diff cover) I have an oil leak that is messing up my brake drum. I cleaned up the drum and the backside of the wheel the brake drum doesn't have the hub in it like later model Chevys. How do I replace the axle oil seal? Do the axles come out without messing with any clips in the diff? I was reading an old 1955 3/4 1 ton manual and it says you need special tools to remove the hub but it didn't look like my rear my truck was used as a fire truck and I believe it has a 5-14 rear the rear cover has 10 bolts and the front pinion side has bolts also so it comes apart on both sides I also need to know what the oil seal part number is cause I'm sure it will be hard to find thanks everybody
| | |
| |
| |