| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,079 Posts1,056,297 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Dec 2005 Posts: 1 Junior Member | | Junior Member Joined: Dec 2005 Posts: 1 | I'm thinking of buying this old 68 chevy van... the owner says it had some rust along both rocker panels and he recently cut out all the old metal and replaced it with aluminum them did some bondo then primed it. He says that's the way they used to do it in the day. I'm looking forward to doing some nice paint on this but don't want to buy this thing if the body work is going to be weak. Anybody here use aluminum for body panel work? Should I be concerned with this before I buy? Anything eles I may need to check out before I lay down the cash?
Thanks! | | |
| |
| |