The dome light is in-op and will stay that way. This light strip is a replacement. So this strip will have power via the dome light terminal on the headlight switch and the jamb switch will interrupt its circuit when the door is closed.

I *think* I read somewhere that interruption is best done by breaking the ground side of the circuit. So wouldn't a simple 2-pole switch do the trick? And can I assume that a switch like that would create the break with the button depressed (door closed)?

Another option would be to supply constant power via the fuse block I added and bypass the headlight switch altogether. That would only give me light with the door open, but I think I could live with that.

Last edited by PathwayRev; 10/23/2016 2:36 AM.

A VW guy trying his hand at a '59 LB fs. Lots to learn, but it's about the journey.