Originally Posted by cletis
Easier than ratchet straps is a shop crane stuck through the passenger door frame.

I'm late to the party as usual but Cletis has nailed it. Due to a lack of room in my garage I actually took my engine lift through the drivers side door! First I pushed the transmission on a creeper to the rough position underneath the truck. I then fashioned two straps to cradle the trans., lifted, and with pilot pins in the top two holes of the bellhousing the put back was incredibly easy.


~ Cosmo
1949 Chevy Half Ton
Rocinante, like Don Quixote, he is awkward, past his prime, and engaged in a task beyond his capacities.
"...my good horse Rocinante, mine eternal and inseparable companion in all my journeys and courses." ...Don Quixote, Cervantes
"If you come to a fork in the road, take it."...Yogi Berra
"Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength." ...Eric Hoffer