| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
7 members (55shaker, Woodcmiami, Rusted Nut, Gdads51, CuzzFuzz, Still At It, 1 invisible),
156
guests, and
2
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,138 Posts1,056,441 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Aug 2014 Posts: 42 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Aug 2014 Posts: 42 | Correct, the thrust washers are too small for the kingpin. I'll measure the diameter difference once I find my calipers (moving sucks).
Yes, these are the thrust washers that came with the kit. That's why I didn't know if they were a press fit or if they were supposed to be reamed. There's a lot on reaming bushings but nothing about the washers. The old washers look like they may have been press fit due to the lip on them but they are 60 years old and worn as hell, so it could have been from anything.
I think in the absence of any hard evidence to the contrary, I'm going to modify the thrust washers to fit as you suggested since I see that being the least damaging if I get it wrong. I'm hoping Grigg comes along and has some experience one way or the other with this.
Thanks! | | |
| |
| |