Update:
Rims were blasted and powder coated. (Original 3 piece) installed new tubes and 4 new Excelsior Sport Radial tires. Had them balanced. ( or as close as they would balance) Mounted on the truck and went for a long ride. Back roads, some in very bad shape and some newly repaired. Hit the highway, and ran at top speed. Overall, a good choice. The truck handled very well, absorbed the pot holes to a point that I barely noticed them. Didn't bounce into the other lane after I hit them. Stayed nice and straight, or as well as a 63 year old original suspension 1-ton could. I did notice a little tire singing, but not a big deal inside a noisy truck. Highway was a really nice ride. No tracking!
Can't wait to get the original sway bar done and installed now!! That should help with the roll.
Jim
