| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,114 Posts1,056,287 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jan 2014 Posts: 3,689 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2014 Posts: 3,689 | When we discuss manifold vs port, are we referring to the vacuum signal for the distributor advance? Or the vacuum signal for the internal workings of the carburetor?
I've heard of this issue with the YF before. My "backup" carb is a 2101s (auto choke version of 2100)...a pretty nice rebuildable core. Would have preferred a manual choke but got this one pretty cheap on eBay.
Have some other issues to resolve (ignition, etc) before I can completely give up on the "B" that's on the engine today.
The engine is a 1962 model 235. I know the 2101s isn't spec'd for this application, but given that it is designed for the right displacement and uses manifold vac like the 3211s...I am hopeful that it will work.
1951 3100
| | |
| |
| |