Originally Posted by Beast54
I have a 4L80E trans hooked up to the vortec. I think I might have to cut out the crossmember. But if that catalog V8 crossmember will work then I think I will just get that. I have a 1999 Isusu NPR HD that I got the motor from and axles. So I can have disk brakes, PS, PB, A/C and so on. The NPR had the same bolt pattern as the GMC. I will be swapping the axles this weekend. Are you running your stock trans?
Make sure you do not use your old wheels with the npr lug nuts. They are a ball seat and your wheels are taper seat. I switched the studs to an American thread so I could use the correct lug nuts.


Shane
1959 Apache 3100 Fleetside
1959 Apache 3200 NAPCO
1957 Chevy 5700 Low Cab Forward
1959 GMC F370 LCF
Another 1959 Apache 3100 Fleetside
1959 Chevy 5700 LCF
1946 Chevy 1/2 ton
1958 GMC 600
1974 Elcamino SS