| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
7 members (BC59, 46truck, Ponchogl, Shade Baby, Hotrod Lincoln, Woodcmiami, 1 invisible),
112
guests, and
4
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,121 Posts1,056,328 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Dec 2006 Posts: 1,154 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Dec 2006 Posts: 1,154 | Right on Carl...The 3.38.1 is suppose to be the best gear ratio for the SM420 transmission. I understand the 3.08 is for torque tube trucks. I don't know why that is? Your right I still want to use it as a truck and just 55mph at a lower rpm. I think the power curve for a stock 235 is 2200 to 2800 could be wrong. All I know is the 3.90 is a great ratio for heavy hauling like a truck bed full of gravel but not to good to get to the gravel pit before it closes! Thanks, Steve | | |
| |
| |