I called the engine builder today and talked to him (older gentleman, has been doing engines for forty plus years, good reputation around town, has been accused of being slow to finish jobs) He recalls doing some work for the seller, although not that particular piece. Said he always magnafluxes heads before investing work into them. He installs herdened seats in cases like this (older heads/newer fuels). Clips head if needed, grinds valves and sets them at proper depth in seat, and shims springs at proper height/preload. I asked if he would have installed new valves and springs, and he asked if I planned on running the head in NASCAR. It did give me a chuckle. So it appears things should be in good order with this head, although more than likely original valves and springs. Seller wants $350 for it. Going to look at it this afternoon. Hmmmmmm
Last edited by Lemmm117; 08/09/2016 6:12 PM.