| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,130 Posts1,056,367 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Oct 2011 Posts: 7 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Oct 2011 Posts: 7 | Good morning,
I recently purchased a '45 Chevy pick up that's 97% complete. The previous owner tells me it started life as a military truck. There are some minor trim pieces and finishing touches needed. One of those items is the door stops, that prevent the doors from opening too wide.
I've search the archives for information and found a few threads for mid-to-late '30s and '46 and up trucks. I am hoping someone can help understand if the door stops on a '45 are the same or different than the models of the '30s or the '46+ AD trucks.
Pictures of the door jams showing the stops and possible sources for locating these parts would be appreciated greatly.
I am also looking for a hard copy of a '45 service manual. Most of the stuff I've found on-line are pre-'41 or post-'45 references and a couple US military books that generally cover all vehicles from '41 thru '45 but not really specific to my truck. Has anyone come across a suitable service or maintenance manual for a '45?
Thank you in advance for all your help.
Cheers, Carlos - Madison, WI | | |
| |
| |